Destinations - Study In UK

  • Why UK ?
  • Edu. sys. in UK
  • Admission
  • Tests required

Why UK ?

Academic Excellence

Oxford and Cambridge have been synonymous to excellence and truly world class institutes in the sphere of education for decades now. UK qualifications are recognized and respected throughout the world.


The wide array of undergraduate courses in the UK gives you a great deal of flexibility. Either you can opt for a bachelor's degree from the beginning, or you can start by taking a two-year Higher National Diploma or foundation degree and then cap it up with a degree afterwards. Focusing entirely on one particular subject you can study a single honors degree, or study two subjects in a joint honors degree - it's entirely up to you.


The big advantage is the duration of most postgraduate degrees being 1 year. Even undergraduate courses are mostly 3 years as against 4 years in USA. The possibility of a 2 year Work permit after the Masters further makes it more attractive and economically viable.


After completion of education, students are allowed to stay back for up to two years. This possibility of a 2 year Work permit afterwards further makes it more attractive and economically viable. While studying you can also work part-time for up to 20 hours per week and full-time (generally 40 hours per week) during holidays. You can generally take care of your living expenses this way.

Education system in USA

In England, Wales and Northern Ireland undergraduate degrees take three years to complete, while at the Scottish universities they last four years. At the graduate level, a master's degree is normally earned in a single year, a research master's degree takes two years and a doctoral degree is often completed in three years.


Most degree programs in the UK will require that the student have passed either A-levels (equivalent to HSC) and attained certain grades. Usually MBA admission requires work experience of at least 2-3 years at the managerial level. And, unlike in the US, PhD applicants need a Master's degree. Otherwise, applicants could register for an M.Phil. Degree and later on transfer to PhD program, if the progress is good.

Major Intakes are in the month of January or September every year.

Tests required

It is required to appear at an English Language Test such as IELTS or TOEFL or PEARSON and then the selection by the university is confirmed.